CIEH Level 2 Healthier Foods & Special Diets
Consumers have become increasingly aware of the effects of a poor diet and businesses are keen to understand the links between diet and health to meet changing customer demands.
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) Level 2 Award in Healthier Food and Special Diets qualification gives candidates all of the information and advice they need to prepare nutritious food, develop healthy recipes and to respond to customer concerns and questions.
WHO IS THIS FOR
This course has been developed to meet the needs of delegates from a diverse range of backgrounds. These may be involved in the selection of menus, recipes, and ingredients, for example, school caterers, those working in the care sector, restaurants, hotels etc. and works canteen staff, or they may be from other catering-related companies such as food manufacturers.
The course provides an introduction to nutrition and healthy eating and focuses on the following key areas:
- Introduction to Nutrition and Terminology used
- The Eat well Plate
- The relationship between diet and health
- The significance of information and food labels
- Individual nutritional requirements of different groups of people
- How food preparation and processing affects the nutritional value of food
- Standards and Recommendations that apply to catering for certain groups
DURATION 1 day